I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

jskene
Contributor
Contributor

This problem started for me about 4 months ago, and since I use paypal for business, I have to login in twice many times a day.

I'm now looking for another payment platform. That seems to be the only solution as clearly Paypal will not fix this.

Login to Me Too

horrorhound
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same problem...

I wonder how much time is wasted when you combine the 1,000s?  10,000s? of merchants having to login twice.

Login to Me Too

Rotozuk
New Community Member

Same issue here. Been going on for a very long time. Very annoying. Searched and found this thread about the issue. I'm a merchant also, so I get to log in a lot. Oh joy.

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Will this ever be resolved? 

So annoying. Admit it's a problem and let us know what's going on!

Login to Me Too

ryanrayla
New Community Member

Same here. 2 or 3 months now. What's up, PayPal?

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping, and will bump till it's answered. 

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

pwsowner
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for over a year now for me. I started using Paypal 15 years ago, but have recently been using it less than normal because this double logging in is getting to be too much of a nuisance.

Login to Me Too

madrian
Contributor
Contributor

Write me on the list....

Login to Me Too

panda8buddy
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced the "double-login" problem for over a year now from all desktops that I own.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.