How to use PayPal in retail stores

unotmeir
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced problems in using PayPal as my method of payment in a good many retail stores. Problem being that many

retail clerks do not know how to process the transaction since I do not have a "PayPal Credit Card".  Please explain to me how

the transaction is handled and thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You'll have to use the mobile app, PayPal In-store is not available in all stores but the app will list locations where you can use it.  

Make sure you have the latest version of the app.  

When you checkout at the store, choose PayPal as payment method on their credit card reader.  From your mobile app, log on to PayPal, then scroll down a little and tap "In-store".  Next, a list of stores pops up, scroll to store you want or the store you're at, tap it and you will be given a 4-digit code to type in the store's card reader.  

TIP, as you are standing in line to checkout, log on to PayPal and have the 4-digit code ready so you can breeze on through checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

apply for a Paypal debit card which is a MC card,and use it as a credit card in store,you may get a cash rebate of 1% from Paypal.

The fund would be taken from your PAYPAL balance,if not enough,then your bank account.

You can set the daily limit and ATM limit. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You'll have to use the mobile app, PayPal In-store is not available in all stores but the app will list locations where you can use it.  

Make sure you have the latest version of the app.  

When you checkout at the store, choose PayPal as payment method on their credit card reader.  From your mobile app, log on to PayPal, then scroll down a little and tap "In-store".  Next, a list of stores pops up, scroll to store you want or the store you're at, tap it and you will be given a 4-digit code to type in the store's card reader.  

TIP, as you are standing in line to checkout, log on to PayPal and have the 4-digit code ready so you can breeze on through checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.