How to get detailed report including sales tax

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

It's always been hard to get that report from paypal that shows the sale tax paid by each customer (I live in NY so have to charge sales tax to my NY customers) but every tax year I eventually remember how to run it.  But now with the new interface (which I hate) I just can't find how to run the report this year.  I have to file my sales tax return in about a week and a half. 

How do I run a report that shows all sales by month, which will include the sales tax paid by each buyer and their zip code?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal doesn't separate sales tax from gross receipts.  That would have to be done from you ecommerce site or our detailed invoices, whichever you use for accounting.

Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

Actually as I said in my previous message, there was a detailed report you can run by month that showed every aspect of each individual sale in that month, including sales tax. I just need to find that same reporting mechanism in the new interface (which I hate, and now apparently have one more reason to).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.