How do I stop the IPN warning emails?

gutterboy
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting these "PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning" emails for a failed IPN URL.

Fair enough, the site is inactive now, so I have removed the IPN URL from Paypal; however I STILL am getting the emails. How do I make them stop!?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gutterboy,

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

If you've turned off IPN altogether, the emails you're still getting are likely subsequent attempts of IPNs that were triggered before you changed the setting. The IPNs that failed are resent for 4 days.

Please double-check your settings to ensure that you've turned the setting off. If it's off and you continue to receive IPNs after 4 days, you can file a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support folks and they'll look into it for you. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gutterboy,

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

If you've turned off IPN altogether, the emails you're still getting are likely subsequent attempts of IPNs that were triggered before you changed the setting. The IPNs that failed are resent for 4 days.

Please double-check your settings to ensure that you've turned the setting off. If it's off and you continue to receive IPNs after 4 days, you can file a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support folks and they'll look into it for you. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gutterboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia. I have noticed I haven't received any more for a few days now so that was probably it. 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Excellent!

Thank you for coming back to let us know it's resolved! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.