How do I download my history, including the email address of the sender

rescuegirldkw
Contributor
Contributor

My account is for a rescue organization.

I'd like to be able to send a "thank you email" to all of the people who've donated.

I can't figure out how to downlaod the history into excel with a column for the sender's email addres.

I've seen a few articles on this, but they are all older.  I don't see any of the buttons they discuss and my screen doesn't match their screenshot.

I'd like a more efficient way to get this information than opening each transaction and detail to copy and paste the email address.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I would try following these steps:  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/download-history/

That should get you what you're after.  A better solution, though, would be to setup Instant Payment Notification (IPN).  You could automate email notifications in real-time so they happen instantly when donations occur and you would never have to think about it.

This would require a developer.  I could help you with that sort of thing if you want to submit a quote request.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.