How do I change Source of Funds on refunds?

Stuka
Contributor
Contributor

Instead of pulling $5 from my bank account for a refund, I would prefer to user the $200 balance in my PP account. How do I cange this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

When I saw your question I was thinking to myself that it should be pulling from your PayPal balance as the first funding source in your chain by default.  That's what my own account seems to do.

I did a quick search, though, and I found that the RefundTransaction API actually provides a parameter called REFUNDSOURCE that lets you specify how you want to refund the transaction.  I know you're not using the API, but it provides some good info...

(Optional)Type of PayPal funding source (balance or eCheck) that can be used for auto refund. It is one of the following values:

• any – The merchant does not have a preference. Use any available funding source.

• default – Use the merchant's preferred funding source, as configured in the merchant's profile.

• instant – Use the merchant's balance as the funding source.

• eCheck – The merchant prefers using the eCheck funding source. If the merchant's PayPal balance can cover the refund amount, use the PayPal balance.

You can see there that the default action is to "use the merchant's preferred funding source, as configured in the merchant's profile."  

So then I tried to do a quick search on how to configure that in your profile, and I found some information about preferred payment methods, but I can't seem to find anything about how to actually configure that within your PayPal account, and I can't find anything regarding that in my own account profile either.

So it seems that there is a way to configure this, but I'm probably just not finding it.  Unless somebody else can step in here, it might be best to just call the PayPal support line and let them know you're trying to set your preferred payment method / funding source but you can't find it in the profile.  They should be able to take care of you.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.