Hosted Buttons and Inventory Limit

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

When making hosted Add to Cart Buttons with pulldown options, there seems to be an upper limit of 10 option choices.

I need 17 color choices in the pulldown. I can modify the button html to add the additional colors but when it comes to inventory control the limit is still 10 per product.

Is there any way to get the inventory to track more than 10 option choices?

thanks

lbso

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The limit for "hosted" item buttons 10 choices, there's no work around for that if you require the inventory feature.  If you did not require the inventory feature, you could manually code your item button and have up to 100 choices.

Basically, to maintain an inventory feature and have more options would requre a backend database on your end.  If you're a programmer that would be one way to go.  If programming is not your thing, then a 3rd partry shopping cart would be another option.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The limit for "hosted" item buttons 10 choices, there's no work around for that if you require the inventory feature.  If you did not require the inventory feature, you could manually code your item button and have up to 100 choices.

Basically, to maintain an inventory feature and have more options would requre a backend database on your end.  If you're a programmer that would be one way to go.  If programming is not your thing, then a 3rd partry shopping cart would be another option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.