Help with resizing Paypal Logo Banner

CandL
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to add one of the PayPal logo banners to my site.  I downloaded the html source code from the paypal site but it's awful large and I'd like to downsize it a bit.  I thought to do this all I needed to do was go in to the source code and change the W x H dimensions.  The code shows "Yes" that it can be resized.  However when I change / save new dimensions in the code the size of the logo remains exactly the same when viewing it in the browser.  What am I doing wrong here ?

Thanks!  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CandL
Contributor
Contributor

That Works for me.  Thanks Snowshoe !

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

We would really need to see what you're doing as we can only guess.

You can find various sized graphics here:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/632/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NzE3NTM2NC9zaWQvdWw3aXJrZ...

It may work better for you to save the graphic you want locally (meaning your own computer), then using a graphic editing program like Photoshop, Lview, etc., reduce the graphic proportionally and then resave it.  After that you can upload the graphic in the same folder that holds your picts or graphics for your web site or page .

Login to Me Too

CandL
Contributor
Contributor

Snowshoe, thanks for the response.  I went to the site you provided the link for and found a smaller / more suitable image.  However the URL code they list to provide with the image seems not to be any good anymore.  It directs you to "Page not found". https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/bnr/horizontal_solution_PP.gif

I guess I could still just use the image on my site as a plain jpg if that's permissible but it would be nice to have the live link to Paypal.

Thanks!     

Login to Me Too

CandL
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the PayPal page I retrieved the initial logo source code from:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/logo-center

As indicated in the source code you should be able to resize it but when changing the dimensions in the actual source code provided it doesn't change the size at all.  Hpe that helps better describe what I'm trying to do here.  Sorry but as you can probably tell I'm a newby to all this and my skills are limited 🙂

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Technically you don't need the source code.  Simply save the graphic that you want.  If you hover your mouse over the desired graphic and right click, you can do a "save picture as".   All you do is save it to your local system (your pc), then can then upload it to your web site directory.  We do this all the time for several reasons but, mainly because it loads faster.  Also if there's an issue with the server that is storing graphic, then it won't display on your web page which in turn makes it look like you have a broken link on the page.  The more things you can control yourself, the better.

Login to Me Too
Solved

CandL
Contributor
Contributor

That Works for me.  Thanks Snowshoe !

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.