Guest checkout?

electricbricks
Contributor
Contributor

It seems there is no longer an option to checkout without creating a PayPal account (after clicking a "buy now" or "add to cart" button). Did this option go away or must it be enabled?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello electricbricks, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

The option to checkout  without creating a PayPal account after clicking a Buy Now or Add to Cart button is still an option available to buyers. However, it will depend on how the sellers website is configured and what options they offer on their website (this option may not be be enabled).

Another reason this may be happening is the credit card you are using may already be linked to your PayPal account. In this case you would need to log into your PayPal account to complete the sale. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

temp03292012x
New Community Member

So what are the ways to enable this feature in an account?

Login to Me Too

PeakDesignLtd
Contributor
Contributor

+1 - I have encountered this same issue on my website. People used to be able to checkout as a guest. Now that option has been replaced with "Create a Paypal Account - and pay with your debit or credit card." This has affected sales on our website - we take a lot of orders outside the US, and many international folks do not want to create Paypal accounts.

Please give us a little more explanation on how to re-enable guest checkout. I've been scouring your help content and Google and cannot find anything.

Thanks!

Adam

Login to Me Too

cherryrahtu
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem too, enabled guet checkout on our website, it was working before, but not any more, now it shows only create a paypal account and pay with credit card.

Looking forward to the solution!

Login to Me Too

thebigone
Contributor
Contributor

The location of this button is as elusive as the admin's answer.

But, I know where it is....ready? Write it down now, as this message could disappear...

Check in to paypal - my account

Under profile, select -  more options

On the left menu, select - my selling tools

Under selling online, select -website preference - click update

Turn on  "paypal account optional" and then click on the learn more button and read it.

SAVE YOUR CHANGES at the bottom of the page.

That's it!

Login to Me Too

cherryrahtu
Contributor
Contributor

Done that setting long time ago and never changed it.

Login to Me Too

thebigone
Contributor
Contributor

Have you checked it recently? Have you tried creating a new test button once you're sure it's turned on?

I have no problem with this feature. It works fine. I set up the whole website/shopping cart stuff before I made buttons. It shouldn't matter, but you never know.

Also, on the link below, it states:

Only Premiere or Business accounts have PayPal Account Optional in their account profiles. With Personal accounts, the checkout experience is as if PayPal Account Optional were turned off.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_ProfileAndT...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.