Granting Permissions

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

I just granted permission for a website to offer ( I dont' know if I'm using the right wording or not), express checkout because it would be better for the buyer and seller. HA! I have been dealing with this website for 3 years now and have been very satisfied with it. BUT now that I granted permission for this, my buyers can't pay the shipping charge. Before granting permissions, everything went fine but now it's all messed up. I don't know who is responsible for the mess-up but I'm the one who has to explain to my  buyers that something went wrong and that looks bad for me.

My advise to everyone out there is DON"T grant permissions for express checkout or you'll be sorry, having to try to explain to customers that they somehow have to go back into the invoice and pay the shipping charges. I don't know how to do that so I can't explain it to them.  I'm sure I'll lose buyers because of this. What a BUMMER!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I don't know how to take back the permissions, so I guess I'm stuck with it and I'll lose customers until I'm out of business.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sounds like you're using a 3rd party shopping cart.   If yes, contact their support as they should be able to undo the option.  Express Checkout has a few specicifc requirements and actually works quite well.  Did you do any homework researching the use of this product before going live?   Here's some info concering the use of Express Checkout and how to get started:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECGettingStarted/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.