Getting error 10764 on paypal sandbox

sim_cacciatore
Contributor
Contributor

We're getting error 10764 or alternatively 10001 during execution of our tests on sandbox environment since last Friday.

In both case the error messages and documentation are really vague and pretty useless to understand the problem.

The error occurs while trying to create a recurring profile with direct payment (using a test credit card). Different profiles are created during the test. Usually error occurs while creating the first profile but sometimes first profile is successfully created and error occurs during creation of next profiles quite randomly.  So our hypothesis is that maybe there are some problems on the sandbox servers (too busy?) or maybe we're making too many requests in a short time (but in this case why the first request fails?)

We haven't changed test code nor anything related with it in the last two months.

Please give me some pieces of advice or tell me how can I help you to investigate my problem

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kenj
Contributor
Contributor

I called technical support.
Today is Monday, June 4, 2102. They said they have been
having trouble since Friday, June 1, 2012.
I think I am the first to call in using the sandbox.

I am using the API "CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile".
It turns out that is the call they are having
trouble with.  

It was working fine for me before.

Login to Me Too

sim_cacciatore
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you kenj,

I called technical support too,and I received a similar answer: paypal has trouble with the  "CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile", specifically with direct payment (not express checkout).

So I'm just wiating paypal to resolve it

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi all,

Any issues with CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile in Sandbox or the Live environment should have been resolved since yesterday.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues with either Sandbox or Live by logging a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/

Where possible, please include the full API request (minus credit card details) and the API response.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.