Enable Guest Checkout for a French Business account

auroraSW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to use Paypal for Donations on my website for a Freeware that I'm proposing. I have noticed that if the people want to pay by credit card, they have to register. I would like to avoid this registration. After some reading on this forum, I have found this thread:

/t5/About-Business-Archive/How-to-Enable-Guest-Checkout/td-p/607988

This "Guest Checkout" is exactly what I want. 

• I do have a business account (my bank is in France)
  • I have enabled this:

Go to your Account Profile.

Select: My Selling Tools

Under: Selling Online

Locate: Website Preferences

Click on: Update

Locate: PayPal Account Optional

Click:  On

Click: Save

• I have flushed the cookies on my browser.

However, when I use my donate button for test, I'm always asked to register.

Do you know what I could have done wrong?

Here is my website: 

http://auroraborealissoftware.jimdo.com/english/donate/

Thank you for your help

Regards

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is your PayPal account set up to accept credit cards or just PayPal funding?  There is a way to change it in PayPal settings, but I don't know if that works for buttons.

Login to Me Too

auroraSW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I think that it accepts the payment by credit card because, when the users click on my donate button, they do have the choice between:

- paying through their paypal account

or

- paying by credit card.

The only problem is that they have to fill a form with their name, address...etc

I would prefer that they only have to fill their credit card information. That seems possible with Guest Checkout but it doesn't work for me.

Regards

Olivier

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the problem with donors providing name and address for legal and accounting reasons?

Login to Me Too

auroraSW
Contributor
Contributor

That's the first time that I propose a Freeware. I was thinking that if some people donate, I should not bother them with too much questions.

Since it is a donation, I thought that I don't need to know their name and other information (address, e-mail...)

If I come back to the original question, why don't I succeed to use the Guest Checkout mode?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

auroraSW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did some of you face the same problem?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.