Email Alias Stopped Getting Payment Notifications

horrorhound
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal support and they said this has never been a possiblity and all email payment notifications have ALWAYS been sent to the primary email address assoicated with the account.   I assure you this has not been the case and just over the past few months has this started to happen.

I need payment notifications to be sent to the email alias which was paid; not my primary account email address.  

I have about 5 email alias and need payment notifications sent to the corrisponding account which the payment was sent.

What has changed in paypal and how can I switch notifications back to using the alias accounts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mickleham_walt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I can't contribute much info but I would be interested if you find the solution.

Recently I changed my paypal buttons to the secure type, where the email address does not appear in the button code pasted on my site. I believe it was after this that I had to call paypal an ask why payment notifications were not being sent to the email addresses I was used to. I received the same answer: Notifications are always sent to the primary email address.

I'm pretty sure they were not, before I changed the paypal button code. The solution I chose was to create a new primary email , paypal@mydomain, then filter the messages to whatever email account I had set up for that type of transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.