Don't want credit

kellenjensinger
Contributor
Contributor
I have a paypal credit of $ 800. I don't want it, how do I get rid rid of it?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you referring to PayPal Credit (was Bill Me Later)?   If yes, you can contact the PayPal Credit people direct with you concerns:

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you referring to PayPal Credit (was Bill Me Later)?   If yes, you can contact the PayPal Credit people direct with you concerns:

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

Login to Me Too

RLMAITLAND
New Community Member

This link now takes you to a page that says Bill Me Later is now PayPal and directs you right back to the PayPal site.  No good.

Login to Me Too

n8jy2030
New Community Member

Just found out that PayPal credit does a hard inquiry on your credit report for their new PayPal Credit. I never authorized them to do it, I don't want PayPal Credit and it effects my credit rating when there's an inquiry like that. I am doing everything possible to have them remove the inquiry from equifax. Their hidden name is CCB/PPC. I think it's fraud for them to assume you will use their PayPal Credit which used to be Bill Me Later. Really scary about PayPal using people's personal info to promote their own interests. GREED! 

Login to Me Too

pastorphil
New Community Member

be carefull what you ask for. It's can easily be closed, but along with closing it will adjust on your credit report depending on how much overall credit you have available, if one has little other credit available, this would cause at least short term havoc on the credit score. If you have tons of availble credit, preferably 6% or lower, it will may not make your score blink. Think before you leap for anyone else in that boat. I fell out and learned the hard way.

Login to Me Too

izzzzzz6
Contributor
Contributor

HI kellenjensinger  IN REPLY TO YOUR QUESTION "I have a paypal credit of $ 800. I don't want it, how do I get rid rid of it?"

Well if you have $800 credit that you don't want you can always send it to me via paypal. I will be more than happy to spend it for you.

James

Login to Me Too

kellenjensinger
Contributor
Contributor

Jaime4567
New Community Member
I recently applied for credit thru paypal and just wondered when I would know when I would receive it or not. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

FredaST
New Community Member

As far as I know you either have it or you don't. I opened a PayPal account and found I had credit. I don't WANT credit, I want a credit CARD. But getting there from this site is becoming a Major problem. I keep going round in circles.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your participation in the community!  If you would like to close your PayPal Credit account, please call the PayPal Credit team at 866-528-3733 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern and weekends from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern.

FredaST,  PayPal Credit does not offer a physical card.  It's a credit line that can be used directly with your PayPal account.  Apologies for any confusion.

If there are issues accessing your PayPal Credit account, it's most likely due to the PayPal Credit account not being linked with your PayPal account.  It might help to try linking the accounts by visiting the following page and clicking "Link" in the middle option.

https://www.paypalcredit.com

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.