Does anyone know what the current discount Paypal is getting for shipping?

kat-rich
Contributor
Contributor

I know the USPS increased their rates for shipping. I sell a lot on the internet, and when someone asks me for a shipping quote, I go to USPS.com and use their "calculate a price" tool. USPS used to have the price listed on their site, for internet purchases, but now they don't. For the last week, I have been charging the rate that USPS.com is telling me, then when I go to print the shipping label, it is less, usually around $2.00... I am afraid that these packages are going to arrive at their final destination with postage due... Can anyone answer this for me? Is there a discount for internet postage, that I'm not seeing on the USPS website?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you purchase a label using correct dimensions, weight, and class it will be valid.  The only issues is if you input incorrect data.

Login to Me Too

kat-rich
Contributor
Contributor

I do understand that but I hate the thought that I'm over charging my customers... If I give them the shipping quote from the USPS website, and the quote is $12.40. Then I print their label and is only cost me $10.20 I am getting $2.20 extra, That is just an example, not actual numbers from shipping... I wish I knew the actual percentage, so I don't over charge for shipping...

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I see no problem with $2 for handling, packaing, and fees.  

You can also print a label without showing the price.

Login to Me Too

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't "Internet shipping rates" it was "Commercial Base Pricing" and the USPS doesn't do that on their website anymore, so that is why you can't get the quote there.

Use one of the tools at stamps.com or Endicia.com to estimate shipping. Or just download the USPS rate sheet (available as an Excel file).

Login to Me Too

Tattync12
New Community Member
Every time I am printing a shipping label it keeps charging me for the eBay discount I know it sounds stupid but it keeps charging me 6 cents instead of taking the discount is anyone else having this problem if so what can I do to have them fix this problem and get a refund for them over charging me thanks for the help.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tattync12,

Great question for your first post in the community! 🙂 We've moved your post into this thread as there is some good information from DPCreations about this issue.

If you're still having this problem or if anyone else is having this problem, please check to make sure you are printing the shipping label through eBay or through the option on a PayPal transaction.  If you attempt to print the label by going to the shipping label link directly, it may not work or discounts may not be applied.

I hope this helps! 😄

Thanks,

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Tamjo
Contributor
Contributor

Why am I being charged exactly what the Post office charges to ship my packages and I am using Paypal? This has changed since increase postage in Jan 2016. I have tried to get answers from Paypal and have been told several differnet things. SO, if anyone can help me, please do so. TY.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.