Deferred Payment

julienlab
New Community Member

Hi,

I am an online merchant providing a marketplace for house maintenance. So basically, customers can pay online for their electrician and the electrician gets paid later minius my commission.

I would like, in order to improve my conversion rate, to allow consumers to be charged only after the service has been rendered by the electrician (i.e after the electrician successfuly redeems a secure code sent to the customer).

So essentially, Paypal would store the customer payment details until I tell paypal to charge the customer after a successful redemption by one of the electricians.

Is there any way to implement this with Paypal?

thank you so much in advance.

Julien

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has a feature called Authorization and Capture.  Depending on your time frames meaning that you plan to hold the funds for less than 30 days, this feature may work for your needs.  You can learn more about Authorization and Capture here:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_websitepaymentsstandard_integrat...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.