Daily sales totals for multiple card readers

Greygoose1366
Contributor
Contributor

I have four card readers, one for each of my sales team and myself. Since purchasing the readers I have been able to see daily totals for each card reader by simply sellecting 'Sales results' from the pull-down menu. This week all four card readers have refused to access this facility and a dialogue box has appeared on the 'Here' app stating 'unable', 'retry' or in one case, simply doing nothing.

Today I spent almost two hours on the phone to several Paypal customer service reps each of whom attempted to tell me that the card readers do not and have never have had the facility to total each card readers daily takings.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards

Adrian

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The swiper card reads are generic and can even be shared with different account holders so sales are not viewable by reader.

Login to Me Too

Greygoose1366
Contributor
Contributor

Hi DP, thanks for your help.

I've been using four card readers for two months, I have been able to see daily totals for each reader on my phone, via the 'Here' app by clicking 'Sales Reports-View Details' in the pull down menu on the app. I've also been able to select historical dates, again via the pulldown menu, and see the individual amounts taken by each card reader on that day. Each of my employees has also been able to access these totals on their phones via the pull down menu in the 'Here' app. Now when I attempt to access sales reports I get a dialogue box that states 'retry' or 'currently unable', the problem has to be on Paypals side as none of my employees are able to check these results either.

Any ideas why?

Adrian

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are the reports per reader or per employee?  If the switch the readers to different employee users will the reports still show per reader or per employee?

Login to Me Too

Greygoose1366
Contributor
Contributor

Hi DP

Previously when I've looked at the reports they have shown the amount that has been taken by the card reader, however the card readers are each allocated, by me, to a user with a unique username which is how I deferentiate between them.

I have also found other posts on this site from users who have experienced the same issues in the last week or two so it's clearly a Paypal issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.