Combined Shipping

joc
New Community Member

Hello

I use Paypal "add to cart" buttons to accept payments on my record label website. I have it set up now so that shipping is included in the price of the item.  is there a way to set it up so that if a person orders more than one item, I can lower the shipping for additional items?  Basically offer combined shipping prices?  Without having to send an invoice...

Thanks,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi joc, and welcome to the forums!

I'm happy to help with an alternative. 🙂

Shipping cost can be determined by the settings in the button, or they can be overriden by the profile settings. If you click Profile, then My selling tools, then Shipping calculations, you can set up a shipping calculation that is variable based on quantity. Make sure that you change the setting that determines whether the individual transaction sets the shipping calculation or the calculator does. You'll want the calculator to override the individual transactions.

If at any time you decide to go back, you can remove the shipping calculation, or change the setting that allows it to override.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

zenroad
New Community Member

The Quantity based shipping would work for us, but there does not appear to be a choice to have a different shipping charge for each single item quantity. Instead there are "From" and "To" fields, meaning I can charge $1 shipping for 1-2 items, and $2 shipping for 3-4 items, but I cannot figure out how to charge $1 shipping for 1 item, $2 shipping for 2 items, etc.

Is that possible? And if not, why?

Thanks, 

ZenRoad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi zenroad!

You can achieve that by setting your first line to "1 to 1" and your second line to "2 to 2," etc. The final line will always have to end with "and up," just because the combined settings have to cover any possible circumstance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ylnguyen
New Community Member

Hi Olivia,

I have a similar question. I have two different items (cookbooks) that I want to sell with a different price point for each. However, no matter which book customers choose, it would be $6.50 for the first book and $2.50 for any additional books. I've tried the shipping and shipping2 variables, but those only work on different quantities of the same book. I've also tried to use handling_cart for the $6.50 and have shipping2 as $2.50, but it doesn't seem like handling_cart and shipping can work in conjunction.

Is PayPal equipped to handle shipping charges of this nature? If so, what's the solution?

Thank you very much,
Catherine

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi yinguyen, and welcome to the forums!

The shipping1 and shipping2 variables will only work on one item. One suggestion would be to set up a single button with multiple choices, and see if the variables will apply since it's the same button.

Another idea is to apply discounts. You can find the variables for discounts along with other helpful documentation on the X.com site.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.