Checkout Process

simflex
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings dearest Experts.

This is my very *first* account and first post here.

We currently have an ecommerce website but we would like customers to make payments.

Right now, we are very confused as to how to proceed.

First, we would like our customers to do their shopping our website, add to cart on our website and once they are done with shopping and are ready to checkout, the customer would click on Proceed to Checkout.

This is where we would like Paypal to come in.

In other words, all we needed paypal to do is to provide us with Payment api so that when our users are on Checkout screen, we would like to them to see on Pay with Paypal button and nothing else.

When the user clicks the button, s/he is taken to Paypal site to process the  user's transactions.

I am very confused to as to the correct API to use.

I hope this is the right forum for this question. Otherwise, please direct me to right forum.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

--sim

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

simflex -

Welcome to the Community, and congratulations on your first post!  We're excited to have you here.

It sounds as if you're integrating a third party shopping carty with PayPal, so there will be some unique considerations when coding your API.  You'll also need to acquire API credentials from PayPal (this can be requested in your Profile).  It sounds like you're going to need some documentation, which we keep over at X.com.  I think you'll find everything there very, very helpful - in addition to the documentation, it has it's own forums, and thousands of developers use the site to share and compare, discuss successful integrations, and access various programming resources.

Thanks (and come back again!)

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.