Checking Confirmed Addresses

maverick2682012
New Community Member

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if there is any way to confirm the validity of all confirmed addresses for a paypal account.

The buyer I'm dealing with has a confirmed address and originally wanted me to ship to the confirmed address, but now wants to ship to a different address just a few blocks away from the original shipping address.  In their message they said that both address are listed and confirmed in their account, so I just wanted to confirm the validity of that in case I'm getting scammed because the transaction is for a couple thousand dollars!

Thanks to everyone in advance! 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like a scammer to me.  I would not recommend shipping to any address that is not specifically listed on the order.  If you do, you will not be covered by seller protection.

If they want to ship to a different address, I would let them know you'd be happy to refund their payment so that they re-pay and select the correct shipping address.  This protects all parties involved and would only take a few moments to complete.  

If they aren't willing to do that then you're dealing with a scammer (or at least I wouldn't risk it).

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For large transaction, it is so important to strictly follow the PayPal rules for your own protection. 

You can also use Google to check out the address and the community.  Is there anything suspiscious about the neighborhood?  Is the delivery address secure?  Should you use signature required by addressee?

Are the received funds fully deposited?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.