Can I split billing into two parts?

hpaynter
Contributor
Contributor

I am offering a two-payment plan to my clients; initial payment and balance in 60 days. How do I do this?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Please note that by splitting payments into two segments or more, you are nullifying Buyer Protection if the product purchase qualifies normally.

hpaynter
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer protection is irrelevant in this type of transaction, but thanks for the note.

The question remains... is there a way to have the client pay my fee in two scheduled payments (upon sale with balance due in 60 days)?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, send two invoices.

Login to Me Too

burtmunro
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar situation.  I use PayPal to collect rental payments for a vacation cabin.  I generally accept a down payment of a certain amount, and then require the balance 30 days prior to arrival. 

I realize that I just need to send another invoice (and have been doing so) but there are times that I the balance  is not due for another 6+ months.  I wind up forgetting to sent the invoice for the balance.  Is there any way that I might be able to schedule an invoice for a future date through PayPal for when I need to send the second invoice?  Ideally, I would like the ability to create the invoice when I send the first invoice so that it is automatically sent when the balance is due.   Obviously, I can use a calendar or reminder applications, but it would be nice to be able to have that ability through PayPal rather than having to rely on an entirely different program etc.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's no account profile features or options to schedule and send an invoice for a future date.  (Actually that would be nice option.)

Login to Me Too

burtmunro
Contributor
Contributor

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

lilic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so if I want to sell a trial version of a digital product there is no way to program the full payment for a future date either?  Or offer installments?  Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For subscriptions, it's possible to do what you have in mind.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.