Can I see where my buyers are from without a shipping address?

gdsn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone

I have recently asked to pay taxes only on those buyers from within my country, Canada. However, since I deliver my products and services entirely electronically, I have never required to know the residence of the purchaser. Is there a way for me to get a general overview of where payments have come from and how much? All I would need is to know if they are in Canada or not so that I can pay GST on that amount 

Similarly, is there a way that I can tell, based on the notice I get of a purchase, of where that purchase originates? This will help in future tax years of my business. 

I dont need to know the address of the people placing orders and I want to respect their privacy. I just want to make sure I know if the sale originates from the country in which my buisiness is based

thank you in advance for your guidance, feedback, and answers

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Whatever you are selling when a buyer pays then you have their shipping address anyway.

If you have not got their address then it sounds as if you may be accepting friends / family payments which is not allowed if you are a seller.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gdsn
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. My account is clearly a seller account and I never see the shipping address from my buyers because I don't require it. I also pay for goods and services for my business via PayPal and have never provided my shipping address because they don't need it. If that shipping address is recorded somewhere, I would love to be able to access that information, but only to ascertain what country the sales have come from, nothing else. So my question actually is, is there any analytic function that allows me to see from which places in the world, and in what percentage, my sales are coming from? Anyone who can help with accurate guidance or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank You
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As a seller when i receive a payment to my seller account via goods / services or from ebay the buyers address is on the email i receive from paypal and in the transaction history details of the payment.

When i pay a seller they receive my address automatically so they can send my item.

If you want another response or i have not interpreted your query correctly then feel free to contact customer services.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.