Can I refund a partial amount from my pending amount without it taking from my bank account?

deepthinker566
New Community Member

Hello,

I was requested by a buyer on Ebay for a partial amount. Now The transaction was completed and shipped 4 days ago, and they received the package today. My funds estimated availibility is July 3rd, and if I send a refund before that date, will it deduct from the pending total on Paypal or draw from my bank account? The reason I ask is because I don't have enough in my bank account to cover the refund, and I usually just transfer funds into it when they become available. I would like to send them the refund as quickly as possible.

Thanks, also if this is is the wrong spot, please let me know.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi deepthinker566,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Currently, held funds can't be used for partially funded refunds.

You could send a separate payment via Send money, but that would require funding from either your available balance or a funding source. The best way to do it is to wait for the funds to be released after delivery, and perform the partial refund then. That way, the funds from the transaction are used. It's also safer because if a dispute were to arise later, the only portion that would be disputable would be the remainder after the refund.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.