Can I have PayPal send a custom email to a customer once they finish payment for a product?

zappy222
New Community Member

Can I have PayPal send a custom email to a customer once they finish payment for a product?

I want the user to hit the paypal button on my site, pay through paypal, then get an auto email telling them the password they need to access an online lesson. Is this possible?

Also, can I get customers' emails once they pay in PayPal? Or does PayPal NOT provide that to me?

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello zappy222 and Welcome to the Community Robot wink

I have a suggestion for you that may work!

You can create a PayPal subscription button within your PayPal account with the capability to create user names and passwords for your customers. There is an additional featured called IPN (Instant Payment Notification) which allows you to customize your websites response to your customers purchase(s) in seconds. To learn more about IPN click here.

Here is how to create a subscription button: log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), click My selling tools, click update (next to PayPal buttons), click Create new button, select subscriptions, and continue to create the button (make sure you select "Have PayPal create user names and passwords for customers" - in step one).

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.