Business Account and a Student Account

yk7
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently using a student account and I'd like to start accepting donations through my website.  Am I able to create a new non-student Paypal Business account specifically for accepting donations using my own domain email to later transfer the funds onto my main account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you meet the age requiement, you can open a business account.  Note you will need a new email address, new bank account and new credit card.  And keep in mind, you will not be able to link this account to any existing PayPal accounts you currently have.

Login to Me Too

yk7
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't know there was an age to own a business account, I thought you just had to own a regular Paypal account.  I am under 18 which is why I am using a student account.

If this is not possible I believe it would be a nice addition because it isn't very safe for minors to be accepting public donations/payments where everybody can see your name and contact information.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The age requirements are cleary anotated in the the User Agreement. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.