Apply paypal advanced/pro without US. adress/telephone

vossler
Contributor
Contributor

We tried to apply paypal advanced and Pro for website but it requires US/Canada/UK Business Address/Telephone. We are outside the US. (Hong Kong and Taiwan)

There are three points would like to satisfy(below)

Customers pay without ever leaving your website.

Customers do not required a paypal account

Our service based on Recurring Payments and Subscription Billing

If we start a paypal payment standard, with paypal (IPN、PDT and API) can satisfy our basic needs? Or other way can apply Advanced/Pro? Please be advised.

It really bother customers to complete the monthly Subscription especially when they try to cancel Subscription or upgrade/downgrade etc. It is definitely "User-oriented design"

Thanks,

Vossler

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi vossler,

Welcome! 🙂

A US, Canada or UK PayPal account will require that the account holder provide an address or telephone number for a physical location of their business in that country.  As you are in Hong Kong and Taiwan, you'll need to have a PayPal account in that country.

@vossler wrote:

There are three points would like to satisfy(below)

Customers pay without ever leaving your website.

Customers do not required a paypal account

Our service based on Recurring Payments and Subscription Billing

The first point that indicates customers need to pay without ever leaving your website would currently only be available with PayPal Payments Pro.  To apply for Pro for a PayPal Account in Hong Kong, please visit this site:

https://www.paypal-apac.com/hss/hk-en/

If you have any questions, our phone support number is listed on that page as well.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

vosslert
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Frank,

Thanks for great  tips.

Which mean once we had applied the paypal payment pro successful , we than can setup our merchant account to handle members 's recurring payments also members are not required to have paypal account?

Appreciate your assistance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi vosslert,

That's right. 🙂  PayPal Payments Pro will allow you to accept credit card payments from customers without PayPal accounts as well as PayPal payments for customers that wish to pay you using PayPal.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

vosslert
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank,

I just read "Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution Integration Guide"  in page 12, It mention "

NO T E: Recurring Payments is not supoorted by Hosted Solution. It is only supported using the DirectPayment API.

It seems we got to use paypal payment advanced/pro to reach our goal? 

Thanks anyway. 

Why not paypal provide this Advanced/Pro in Asian country?

Vossler

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@vosslert wrote:

Hi Frank,

I just read "Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution Integration Guide"  in page 12, It mention "

NO T E: Recurring Payments is not supoorted by Hosted Solution. It is only supported using the DirectPayment API.

It seems we got to use paypal payment advanced/pro to reach our goal? 

Thanks anyway. 

Why not paypal provide this Advanced/Pro in Asian country?

Vossler

Sorry for the confusion.  Recurring payments would still be available for PayPal payments through Express Checkout but credit card recurring payments would need PayPal Payments Pro.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

vosslert
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Frank,

I appreciate your patient to reply my question Thanks ...

We had applied and start working on "Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard"

it mention below

Your Buyers No Longer Need a PayPal Account

You can now accept recurring payments from all those buyers who prefer to pay directly with their credit card. This advanced functionality applies to subscriptions, automatic billing, and installment plans.

Inside the Subscriptions & Recurring Billing Tab, it also said

Subscriptions and Recurring Payments

Currently available with the baseline PayPal Payments Standard, our Subscriptions feature allows you to charge a set recurring amount over a fixed schedule. Use it for membership dues, subscriptions, and other regular recurring payments. And now with the flexibility of Enhanced Recurring Payments, customers no longer need a PayPal account to pay you.

Any Tech documents for "Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard"? 

Our engineer try to integrate paypal api etc to our site.

Best Regard,

Vossler

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi vosslert,

With PayPal Payments Standard, recurring payments would just involve creating the subscription, installment plan or automatic billing buttons and adding them to your site.  Documentation for each of those button types are linked below:

Subscribe Buttons

Automatic Billing Buttons

Installment Plan Buttons

If you're looking for an API based solution, recurring payments is also an option with Express Checkout.  Documentation for that solution is here:

Handling Recurring Payments

I'm glad I could help. 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.