Adding more Drop Down Menus

designer412
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having major issues with the drop down menu.

You can only have 10 options/fields added into the drop down menu. I needed more than that. So once I added the 10 I could I got the script for the button and added it to my site. Then went into the script and added more fields so I could have my 16 fields that I needed.

Now when I test the site and I add one of the newly added fields to the shopping cart I get an error that says:

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Am I really only allowed to have 10 fields and that's it? If I can have more, then what am I doing wrong??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

benkilbee
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem.

As far as I can ascertain, 10 is the limited set by PayPal and that's it.

I wanted to go this route because it meant if someone adds several different versions of the same product to the basket (one red, one black... etc) then it would only add one shipping cost rather than a separate shipping cost for each item.

Gonna try and find another way of getting over this now. Will report back.

Ben

Login to Me Too

streamweaver
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, Benkilbee!  Please keep us aprised of your progress. I am trying to accomplish exactly the same thing. If the customer orders two red, one black and three yellow of an item, I want the shipping charge to be one ship1 charge plus 5 ship2 charges. Only way I can see is if all this can be communicated to the cart with a single "Add to Cart" button. Still scratching my head over this one.

Thanks, Gary

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.