You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
I have accessed my account already yesterday, but today I get the "500 Internal Server Error" whenever I try to log in. I have cleared cache and even re-booted.
No matter what I do, I cannot find a number to call to ask about this.
I have customers transacting through PayPal an I cannot access those records.
Got through on a Customer service line that I found on internet and was told there is an hour's worth of server maintenance going on at the moment.
I have been having this issue all morning. The Paypal contact phone number is a joke - 1 (888) 221-1161. You hear 2 ads then are disconnected. I have clients work I cannot get started on because I have no way for them to pay. Yet I have now way other than this to lodge a complaint.
In many cases when there's an issue with the system, you will find some details here:
However, I did not find anything specific to today's behaviour. As for emailing or phoning for assistance - there's also the social media sites to check - Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Although my account was first not possible to access eariler today, when I did it was acting a bit odd - right now it appears to stable - no errors - was able to log right in.
It's sad these billion dollar corporations can't invest a little time and money for a back up system when they need to do maintenance or have an unexpected problem - which leaves us - their customers, in the lurk in the middle of transactions, business, sending emergency money to family, etc. etc. etc. - I guess that's not important. And yes, they can't even answer their dang phones. Generally Paypal has been a great service to me, but still there is no excuse for incomptenence when they make so much millions off us; it's like we're just little ants on their mountain of cash. Ahhhhh,,,, I feel better now.
I just had this problem and found a simple solution.
I switched from Chrome to firefox and it worked, so a browser switch may help you out if you are having this issue.