500 Internal Server Error

Oblong
Contributor
Contributor

I have accessed my account already yesterday, but today I get the "500 Internal Server Error" whenever I try to log in.  I have cleared cache and even re-booted.

No matter what I do, I cannot find a number to call to ask about this.

I have customers transacting through PayPal an I cannot access those records.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

OldWorld
New Community Member

I got the same thing right now. I guess paypal is down. Kinda funny right after ebay was down for hours.

Login to Me Too

waternut13134
Contributor
Contributor

I am also getting it also. I couldnt even sign in,I finally was able to sign in and now get the error. 

Login to Me Too

Oblong
Contributor
Contributor

Got through on a Customer service line that I found on internet and was told there is an hour's worth of server maintenance going on at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Contenta
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this issue all morning.  The Paypal contact phone number is a joke - 1 (888) 221-1161. You hear 2 ads then are disconnected. I have clients work I cannot get started on because I have no way for them to pay.  Yet I have now way other than this to lodge a complaint. 

Denise

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In many cases when there's an issue with the system, you will find some details here:

https://www.paypal-notify.com/eventnotification/search?eventSearchType=PayPalSiteStatus

However, I did not find anything specific to today's behaviour.   As for emailing or phoning for assistance - there's also the social media sites to check -  Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Although my account was first not possible to access eariler today, when I did it was acting a bit odd - right now it appears to stable - no errors - was able to log right in.

Login to Me Too

TerrylMIller
New Community Member

It's sad these billion dollar corporations can't invest a little time and money for a back up system when they need to do maintenance or have an unexpected problem - which leaves us - their customers, in the lurk in the middle of transactions, business, sending emergency money to family, etc. etc. etc. - I guess that's not important. And yes, they can't even answer their dang phones. Generally Paypal has been a great service to me, but still there is no excuse for incomptenence when they make so much millions off us; it's like we're just little ants on their mountain of cash.  Ahhhhh,,,, I feel better now.

Login to Me Too

Amber_Dragon
New Community Member

I just had this problem and found a simple solution.

I switched from Chrome to firefox and it worked, so a browser switch may help you out if you are having this issue. 

Login to Me Too

larisa147
Contributor
Contributor

You use your phone or pc?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.