500 Dollar Per Month Limit for NonProfits

SpringQuaker
Contributor
Contributor

We have set up an account to receive donations for our church, and there is a 500/month withdrawal limit, which effectively make the account useless. The lift limits button asks for a social security number or credit card. Our church does not have a credit card. I have tried putting in our tax ID number where it asks for social security number and I get a message telling me it can't be verified (the format of the number being requested is for an individual social security number). After tooling around one day trying to figure it out, I was presented with an 800 number and a "secret code" which together ended up connecting me with a Spanish-speaking gentleman who told me (I think) it was a mistake and they just needed to verify our tax ID number, which would only take minutes. Almost one week after hanging up with the man, no change. I tried Emailing compliance, which is where I sent Emails back when we were dealing with our nonprofit status, and received an Email back from somebody named Jennifer that consisted of a tome about discounted non-profit transaction fees. Jennifer either couldn't read English very well, mixed up my Email with somebody else's, or just chose not to answer the question for some reason.

Anyone with any experience with this know how to "crack the code"? Do we need some individual member to guarantee the account with his or her personal credit card or social security number? It seems if this is the case it should be spelled out somewhere in the documentation before you open an account.

Peace

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Andy

SpringQuaker- 

Hello! Happy to help you out. 🙂

If we have your tax ID on file, and it's been verified, that should lift the withdrawal limit.  Have you tried withdrawing more than $500?  It's possible that the system still 'thinks' you have a limit since this wouldn't be the 'natural' way the limit would be removed.

Beyond that, I do apologize for the confusion you experienced trying to give us a call. Hopefully this will resolve your problem.

Andy

Login to Me Too

SpringQuaker
Contributor
Contributor

The limit just showed suddently as removed yesterday with no explanation. Regardless of whether you had anything to do with it, thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

SpringQuaker-

I didn't touch nothin'. 😄

I'm just glad that it's been fixed for you!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.