How to disable entirely the automatic payment feature?

Gabor2000
Contributor
Contributor

How to disable entirely the automatic payment feature?
It is unacceptable that if i pay to an seller by PayPal, it will be automatically added to the active automatic payment list without my acnowledge.

I want to disable this PayPal feature permanently. I want always authorizing every payments. It is crazy that the seller can draw the money when he want!

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

1Salaam
Contributor
Contributor
Hi greating
Login to Me Too

Migao
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia,

I have had Uber as an account for many years and had no idea it had Autopay activated. Yesterday (March 9) someone in Australia charged 4 different Uber rides totaling approx $300 towards my PayPal account. I was informed by PayPal after the fact. Hopefully I will be refunded by either Uber or PayPal, but this is nightmarish. I am not subscribing to Uber and there’s no recurring fee. I want to approve the payments every time in my PayPal account. To have this set up, I have to go in and remove autopay every time I use Uber. Completely unacceptable. Fix this or I will stop using PayPal, a service I have been extremely satisfied with for over 10 years.

Login to Me Too

wreckedred
Contributor
Contributor

When a user cancels an automatic payment the PayPal system alerts the user that it has been canceled.
Why then can PayPal not also inform it's users that a Autopay has been established?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wreckedred 

Do they send a message to say the auto pay has been cancelled? I've never had one. The only one I had was from the company I subscribed to to say my subscription had ended not from Paypal. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Theleogetz_Levi
New Community Member

Hi Olivia,

Please ask your developer team to integrate a feature, where we can disable Automatic Payments, once and forever.

So if someone needs it, then it can be enable, or we, who don't need it, we can disable this annoying feature...

Thank you in advance,

Levente

Login to Me Too

mangoburn

I also would like to request the ability to disable ALL automatic transactions without explicit approval.
The current system for disabling existing subscriptions is no good, I want a blanket button turning off ALL automatic payments and to be informed and asked for consent if someone wants to charge me something recurring.

Why? Today I signed up for a $1 free week trial, and then found a bill for $49.99 in paypal on top of the $1.
Apparently my finger had pressed a button for an item by mistake when I had intended to hit the "skip this step" link in a very small font right under it. The app did not inform me either that I had "purchased" an item or ask for confirmation, so I didn't know until I got the email for the expensive purchase.
It is ridiculous that vendors should be able to charge my paypal without explicit consent once I have given them my paypal details once. I would like to have some safeguards from paypal's end for this type of scam charging.

thank you.

Login to Me Too

bhegkri
New Community Member
Let me guess: you realized you did a mistake and there wa no Paypal to protect you, right? I have been with paypal for 20 years. They lost me after this. I have the same experience and after this fraud they rejected to help me because "you should have read this properly" Never again Paypal. Unless then start protecting people instead pf frauds
Login to Me Too

CountBlehBleh
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. I have same problem. I make a purchase with iHerb, and this is the only page I get

https://imgur.com/Zkz3nro 

Why do I NOT get the option to "just pay now" or "setup payment Subscriptions"

It's my Paypal account, So MY Option

Login to Me Too

Gabor2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, Today i got a new crazy automatic thing from PayPal, it activated itself my Firefox as trusted, and will not ask for password, only rarely. Made without confirmed by me. At the end of the mail, eritten that if i dont want this, then i must login and disable this. If i doesn't read this mail and disable this, my PC allows to pay by anybody who  can use it. Why not ask me to confirm such an money related thing?
I paid for UPS shipping, and after this i got an email from PayPal:
"We've made it faster to pay with PayPal, Since we recognize this device, you'll stay connected for faster PayPal transactions. We may sometimes ask you to provide your password for certain transactions including purchases from new websites."

Login to Me Too

bluefec

Come on PayPal, in this current environment of scams and phishing we need more protection not less.

I will be seriously reviewing other options for making Internet payments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.