Got scammed

Scammed30
New Community Member

Hello.. i got scammed out of 380€ by believing a man that said that he will transfer me 5k through paypal..he asked for my paypal and everything was going okay. Then i got a message in my email which looked legit. It wrote ,,[removed] message said that i have an incoming payment of 5k from PayPal bussiness account it wrote payment details and everything.then it wrote that the payment needs to be verified completely to enable my funds released into my account and the note that said ,, €100 Bitcoin voucher will be uploaded by the reciever’’…everything looked so official,then today i transfered 100€ it said that payment is 50% done,then they asked for another 100€ and then another.. how do i get my money back??.. that is a lot of freaking money..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scammed30 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.