fraud

victim2
Contributor
Contributor

Someone fraudulently used my account to place an order for about £2300. I queried this with paypal and after investigating they agreed that it was fraud and returned the money. They said they'd found in my favour as if there may have been a doubt about my complaint! However, no apology, nothing. What if this had made me overdrawn? What if it had caused me mental anguish? And it isn't the first time. Paypal=crap. Think I'm deleting my account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@victim2

As paypals website is secure then fraudulent payments come from..........

1. You responded to a spoof email.

2. You need to do a virus scan on your computer.

3. Someone knew your paypal password.

4. Your ebay account was hacked and you used one touch so you didn't have to sign in to your paypal account.

Amongst many other reasons, luckily paypal protected you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

victim2
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it was none of these things - just an insecurity with Paypal. Kernowlass, perhaps you were born in Cornwall - I was too - near Mawgan Porth. But anyway back to Paypal - and as I delete my account thanks for nothing Paypal. What a dreadful organisation.  (incidentally it never would accept my credit card for payments)

Login to Me Too

jonnybb1
Contributor
Contributor

I just had three transactions totaling $3500 (USD) that were 3 different paypal users and they were immediately refunded, however I'm worried my bank funds will be tied up for the next week. WTF should I do. It's too late to talk to anyone (9pm Los Angeles time now)! What should I do to protect my bank account? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.